ReceptionHQ is a virtual receptionist service provider specializing in handling calls, customer support, messaging, and all inbound telecommunications for businesses of all sizes.
The company has been operating since 2007, and their head office and their team of receptionists are based in Phoenix, Arizona.
Table of Contents
The company was founded by the current CEO David Atkinson. He founded the parent company Office HQ in Australia 14 years ago and launched Reception HQ in the US in 2007, and the UK in 2010.
ReceptionHQ’s target customers are businesses of any size. They provide a cost-effective solution to giving your customers 24/7 support on the end of the line.
Naturally, this can help you increase conversions and sales, and never leave a customer frustrated not being able to get an answer.
It’s also a handy way to screen all your incoming calls and only have certain calls forwarded to you, which they can do wherever you are in the world.
How Reception HQ Works
When you sign up for one of their plans you can provide scripts for their team to read from, use your existing number, or have them provide a dedicated number for your calls.
Then just let them know when you want your calls answered, how you want them to handle your messages, and they do the rest.
A nice touch is that Reception HQ says they value their receptionists as highly as their clients. They even include profiles and soundbites for a few of their receptionists on their site if you want to put a face to who’ll be answering calls on behalf of your business.
Reception HQ’s receptionists provide a wide range of telecommunication services, including but not limited to:
- 24/7 live receptionist call answering
- Call transfers/forwarding
- Messaging service
- Email/text messaging communications
- Customer support
Plans and Pricing
ReceptionHQ offers two types of pricing plans.
Their ReceptionistPlus plans are priced per call, and their MyAssistant plans are priced per minute.
A full list of their plans at the time of publishing is as follows.
- ReceptionistPlus – $15 per month for a pay-as-you-go plan with an extra $2 per call.
- ReceptionistPlus 25 – $50 per month for 25 calls ($2 per call).
- ReceptionistPlus 50 – $80 per month for 50 calls ($1.60 per call).
- ReceptionistPlus 100 – $135 per month for 100 calls ($1.35 per call).
- ReceptionistPlus 200 – $250 per month for 200 calls ($1.25 per call).
- MyAssistant – $40 per month for a pay-as-you-go plan with an extra $1.80 per minute.
- MyAssistant 50 – $105 per month for 50 minutes ($2.10 per minute).
- MyAssistant 100 – $160 per month for 100 minutes ($1.60 per minute).
- MyAssistant 200 – $275 per month for 200 minutes ($1.37 per minute).
- MyAssistant 500 – $625 per month for 500 minutes ($1.25 per minute).
When deciding which plan is most suitable for your business you need to carefully consider how many calls you anticipate Reception HQ answering on behalf of your business, and how long your average call is.
Any excess calls over and above what is included in your plan are charged at $1.85 per call or $1.65 per minute.
They offer a 7-day free trial, so you can try their service before committing to a plan. Always worth considering, especially if you’re comparing Reception HQ with another virtual receptionist provider.
Reception HQ Alternatives
Their pricing is a little higher than Reception HQ, but they also offer free trials, so you can give them a try and make an informed decision on the value they’ll provide your business.
Have you worked with Reception HQ? If so, please leave a review below to help others with their decision.