AnswerConnect is a telecommunications and phone answering company based in Portland, US. They provide virtual receptionist services, so you can have someone available 24/7 to answer your calls, schedule appointments, and do all the other things you’d expect from a receptionist.
The company started operations in 2002, and currently serves businesses of all sizes all over the world.
AnswerConnect provides a wide range of virtual telecommunication services, such as call handling, web chat, call forwarding and more. They work with companies of any size, but realistically virtual receptionist services are best utilized by small to medium-sized businesses that can’t justify making a full-time hire in-house yet.
Something that separates AnswerConnect from some of the other virtual receptionist companies is that they assign dedicated agents to your account. They say they also train them in your industry, culture, and business, and the longer you’re working with them the better they’ll know you and your business.
This means you can have an agent on the end of the line making sure you never miss a sale or inquiry. While your customers are none the wiser that they are talking to a third-party company.
How AnswerConnect Works
To get started with AnswerConnect all you have to do is choose which of their services you’re interested in. They will prompt you for your business name and contact number, then you choose one of their plans.
You can either request a toll-free number to use as your dedicated line to their agents or forward your existing number. You’ll have access to their online web portal where you set your instructions, keep track of your minutes used, and contact their team if you have any questions.
AnswerConnect offers a range of virtual receptionist services which includes the following core services:
- Inbound call answering – You can have their agents answer your business calls using your scripts and giving your customers the illusion they’re talking to your own in-house receptionist.
- Out of hours call answering – You can set specific instructions for out of hours calls.
- Call forwarding – You can set your calls to forward to their agents at specific times or when you’re busy.
- Calendar management – Their agents can set appointments and manage your calendar.
- Webchat services – Their agents will set up and manage a webchat box so you never miss an opportunity for a lead on your site.
Plans and Pricing
AnswerConnect currently has six different pricing plans. All of their plans come with a one-off set up fee of $49.99, and their rate per minute ranges from $1.49 per minute for their smallest plan to a very competitive $0.87 per minute for their largest plan.
A complete list of their plans at the time of publishing is:
- Standard – $149 for 100 minutes per month (overage rate of $1.49 per minute)
- Business – $269 for 225 minutes per month (overage rate of $.99 per minute)
- Best Value – $299 for 299 minutes per month (overage rate of $.99 per minute)
- Premium – $549 for 600 minutes per month (overage rate of $.99 per minute)
- Premium (I) – $949 for 1,050 minutes per month (overage rate of $.99 per minute)
- Premium (II) – $1,359 for 1,550 minutes per month (overage rate of $.99 per minute)
All of their plans run month to month and there are no long-term contracts, so you can cancel at any time. A nice feature is that any calls their agents are able to complete in under 30 seconds are free. This means you will not be charged for any misdials or robocalls.
|Customer Rating||not rated||not rated|
|Minimum Monthly Cost||$299 for 100 minutes||$229 for 150 minutes||$99 for 50 minutes||$110 for 100 minutes|
|Price per Minute||$2.99||$1.53||$2.00||$1.10|
|Trial||14-Day Free Trial||14-Day Free Trial||30-Day Risk-Free|
|Learn more||Learn More||Learn More||Learn More||Learn More|
I asked AnswerConnect if they offer a free trial and they said sometimes they do under “certain circumstances.” So, it’s worth contacting them and asking for a free trial if you like what you see, the worst is they can say is no!
Have you worked with AnswerConnect? If so, please leave a brief review below to help others with their decision.