It’s one of the quickest and most convenient ways to outsource tasks. You can simply send a message to Magic’s team of assistants, and you’ll get a reply in minutes.
How Magic Works
Magic integrates with all the major messaging apps, such as Google Hangouts and Slack, or you can simply send an SMS.
Their software also integrates with many of the tools businesses use, like Salesforce, LinkedIn, Basecamp, Shopify, and more. This enables you to bring their assistants into your workflow if necessary.
Using Magic, you can literally request everything from having someone put in an order for your groceries and having them delivered to your home, to having an assistant source new leads for your business or manage your calendar.
As a blanket statement, Magic says they “can cover any task you’d normally pass to a dedicated admin on your team.”
Obviously, this can cover a wide range of tasks and me different things to different people. The worst-case scenario is that Magic will get back to you and say they’re not able to complete your request.
The company started operations in 2015 and is headed up by CEO Mike Chen and partners.
Although headquartered in California, Magic has an operational headquarters in Manila and is proud to point out that they have remote workers all over the world.
They say this enables them to hire the best of the best, and also helps them diversify their talent pool.
Magic says they’ve “built a team of college-educated remote workers who work as teams to cover 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.”
This means you have access to skilled workers on-demand, 24/7. This is a lot more cost-effective than hiring a contractor or an employee, and also gives you access to a deeper pool of skill sets.
Magic’s target customers are individuals and businesses of any size. You can even create a group and invite any number of friends, family, or colleagues into the group so you can all utilize your Magic account.
To date, Magic has handled more than 22,000 phone calls, completed more than 537,000 tasks, and spent more than 1,200,000 hours carrying out research for customers.
Magic doesn’t put any restrictions on what types of tasks they’re able to carry out. As long as they’re able to perform the task remotely, I’d say there is a good chance they will be able to do it.
To give you a better idea of the kinds of tasks Magic commonly handle, they group their most popular services into the following three categories:
- Administrative Assistance – This covers any tasks you would normally pass over to an in-house assistant.
- Sales Enrichment & Qualification– Magic has a deep pool of assistants skilled in sales. They can qualify leads, enrich data, and perform any other sales tasks on demand.
- Talent Sourcing & Qualification – Recruiting is expensive and time-consuming when handled in-house or passed to an agency. Magic has assistants experienced in sourcing, qualifying, and evaluating new hires.
Magic Plans and Pricing
Magic currently has three pricing plans. Pricing starts at $10/hr and goes up to $35/hr for their most expensive hourly plan.
There is also a fixed-cost monthly plan aimed at businesses looking to scale and utilize Magic as a kind of assistant on-demand service.
- Dedicated – $10 per hr – Aimed at individuals and small businesses, this plan connects you with a dedicated assistant with the necessary skills to carry out your tasks.
- Consumer Hourly – $35 per hr – This plan is for personal use and gives you access to a larger pool of assistants and a dedicated manager.
- Business Monthly – $2,000 per month – For a fixed price, you can have access to Magic’s skilled assistants 24/7 all month.
There are no monthly or yearly commitments. You can cancel at any time, and you can also request to change your assistant if you’re not happy for any reason.
There have been a few similar on-demand concierge services in recent years, but few seem to have lasted as long as Magic.
Just like Magic, most companies will assign you a dedicated assistant and will only be billed for the hours your assistant works.
Have you worked with Magic? If so, please leave a review below to help others with their decision.