NOTE: This review relates to the new Tweaky.io, a similar service but unrelated to the old Tweaky, which generated negative feedback on this site and elsewhere, ultimately changed to Elto.com, and subsequently shut down. The new Tweaky is under totally new ownership, so if you see any reviews dated prior to October 2018, please disregard those.
Tweaky.io is a website support company offering “Tweaks” for website owners across the globe at affordable fixed prices.
The company is based in Oakland, California, with their teams of developers split across the US and India.
Experiencing the pain point of needing to find skilled developers to help tweak and fix issues with their own sites, Aneesh and Devon saw an opportunity to buy Tweaky and grow the business to help other site owners.
They set out to provide a fixed price, quick, on-demand service, so you know exactly how much you’re paying up-front. Their developers can start working on your site right away communicating with you via web chat.
Their target customers are e-commerce site owners, SAAS businesses, and entrepreneurs.
Devon said it’s a passion of his to help small business owners and side hustlers with their technical issues, so they can focus on the more important aspects of their business.
How Tweaky Works
There are 4 simple steps from making contact with Tweaky to having a developer working on your site as follows:
- Fill out some details about the tweak you need to be done to your site via their web chat.
- A member of their team will review what you’ve written and give you a quote for the work. There are set prices for tweaks that take up to 30 minutes, or between 30-60 minutes as you’ll see in the pricing section below.
- If you’re happy with the quote you can pay right away and they’ll get started as soon as they have someone available.
- The developer working on your site will keep you updated in the web chat and let you know when they’ve finished.
Tweaky support all the large web platforms, such as WordPress, Shopify, Squarespace, WooCommerce, Leadpages, and more.
Their developers can make just about any tweak, change, or fix to your website. If you have an issue or something on your site you want to be changed, request a quote to see if they can help.
To give you an idea, some common website “tweaks” include:
- Speed optimization
- Mobile responsiveness
- Updating your mixpanel and Mail Chimp
- CSS changes
- Redesigning the layout
- Resolving error messages
- Installing/updating plugins
Plans and Pricing
Tweaky offer three different pricing options.
- Mini Tweak – $45 – This is for quick designs or development tasks that are estimated to take up to 30 minutes.
- Regular Tweak – $75 – This is for a single task or a group of related tasks that are estimated to take up to 60 minutes.
- Custom Tweak – Custom – For extensive tweaks that will take more than 60 minutes a member of their team will provide you with a custom quote.
After detailing the tweak you want for your site you’ll fit into one of the three pricing options above. There are no contracts or extra costs from that point, you agree to the fixed price and wait for the work to be completed.
For one-off website fixes, you could try WP Fix It or Fiverr for affordable options, but you’ll have to do the legwork yourself finding someone with the right skill set–and there’s the added risk of handing over a login to your site.
If you run a WordPress site, you could check out Zen WP. They have a good deal of positive feedback from customers and specialize in fixing and tweaking WordPress sites.
Have you worked with Tweaky? If so, please leave a review below to help others with their decision.