Rev is a professional transcription, caption, subtitle, and translation service. The company is a venture-backed internet startup and was founded in 2010.
One of the missions behind starting Rev was to give more people the freedom to work from home.
Rev has given thousands of remote workers the opportunity and freedom to work from home, while providing professional transcribing and translation services to entrepreneurs and businesses worldwide.
The company is funded by Globespan Capital. Their headquarters is located in San Francisco, and their workers work remotely from home all over the globe.
Rev’s founder and CEO is Jason Chicola, a former Director of Marketing and Sales at oDesk. Jason started Rev with co-founder Josh Breinlinger, also a former oDesk employee.
The purpose of the platform is to remove the hassle of finding a freelancer through a marketplace to do your work. Just submit your job online via a form adding your document and any details that’ll help the freelancer and you’ll receive a file back within the specified time.
Rev boast a 99% accuracy rate, more than 50k+ happy customers, 30+ languages, and live telephone support should you have any questions.
How Rev.com Works
Rev offer the following services:
- Transcription – Typing up spoken audio, like minutes from meetings, interviews, market research and similar. There is a 12 hour turnaround time for transcription jobs.
- Captions and Subtitles – You may want captions or subtitles added to your videos to help the hearing impaired or add an interactive element. There is a 24-48 hour turnaround time for captions and subtitles.
- Translation – Translate any documents to or from English to another language. Turnaround starts at 24 hours but may be longer depending on the size of the job.
Plans and Pricing
Rev have flat rates across all of their services making it easy to price up a job, their rates for each of their services are as follows:
- Audio Transcriptions – $1 per minute. Timestamps and verbatim cost an extra $0.25 per minute each.
- Captions and Subtitles – $1 per minute.
- Business Translations – $0.10 per word, with a minimum charge of $20 per order.
- Certified Translations – $33 per page. A page is defined as 250 words or less on one side of A4 paper.
For translations, you might consider TextMaster, which offers a similar range of services. They are a little more flexible with their pricing as you have the option of choosing price plans based on the experience of the freelancer.
You can also find freelancers on open marketplaces like Upwork if you feel comfortable looking through profiles and applications to find someone you want to work with.
Have you worked with Rev? If so, please leave a review of your experience below to help others with their decision, thanks.