UPDATE: It appears TaskDesk is out of business. Please consider one of these alternatives or see below. If you own this listing or this information is incorrect, contact me here.
TaskDesk is a virtual assistant company with their headquarters based in Houston, TX, and all of their assistants working out of the Philippines.
The company started operations in February 2019. They have an interesting monthly subscription model, meaning you pay a flat monthly fee and can submit “unlimited” requests to their team of assistants.
TaskDesk are one of the newer companies to join the competitive virtual assistant service space, but their monthly subscription-based model separates them from a lot of the other virtual assistant providers.
Instead of paying an hourly rate for an assistant, you pay a low monthly fee to have a virtual assistant available to handle as many tasks as you can send them.
This model should appeal to people who can keep an assistant busy with constant work!
We’ve come across the term “unlimited” before with virtual assistant providers. What this really means is that you can queue up tasks and the assistant will complete them one after the other.
Although their headquarters is based in the US, TaskDesk uses VAs based in the Philippines. This allows them to offer a very competitive rate of $350 per month while sourcing skilled workers fluent in English.
How TaskDesk Works
- Sign up for an account with your name and email.
- Select the role of the assistant you want to work with. So, general VA, graphic designer, and so on as explained in more detail in the services section below.
- Enter your payment details and you’ll receive an email detailing what to do next.
TaskDesk’s virtual assistants are ready and willing to handle a wide range of tasks as you’d expect from any VA.
To give you a better idea of what they do best, they group their assistants into the following roles:
- General Assistants – You can hand over any of those day-to-day tasks that can easily be communicated by email and completed remotely.
- Graphic Designers – Flyers, logos, blog headers and images, social media graphics, and more.
- Blog Writers – Being as their VAs are based in the Philippines, I asked TaskDesk the obvious questions about the quality of their content. I was told “Most of the time you can’t tell they are from another country.” Still, it’s probably best to request a sample during the 14-day risk free trial.
- Video Editors – They only accept video editing tasks within 3-5 minutes’ worth of film, so this service is ideal for short YouTube, blog, and promotional content.
- Social Media Assistants – You supply the images and their social media assistants schedule, post, write captions, and promote your stuff across all social media platforms.
- Research and Data Entry Assistants – Hand over those time-consuming data crunching and research tasks.
It’s worth noting that they don’t take on any marketing or legal tasks, which makes sense as you’d want a specialist in these areas.
Their assistants aren’t available by phone 24/7 either, so they don’t handle any customer service or receptionist roles.
Plans and Pricing
There is a flat monthly fee of $350 for unlimited task requests.
For this, you can send tasks to any of their dedicated VAs as many times as you like. The caveat here is that most tasks are going to take 24 hours or less to turn around.
They do offer what they call a 14-day risk free trial. Which means that after you sign up and start using their service if you’re not happy for any reason within the first 14 days you can request a full refund.
There is no shortage of virtual assistant companies utilizing staff in the Philippines to provide cost-effective outsourcing solutions.
If you want a little more control over the hiring process, OnlineJobs.ph might be worth a look. It’s the largest virtual job board in the country.
If you like the monthly subscription model but don’t feel like you’ll keep your assistant busy all month, check out OkayRelax. They operate on a pay-per-task model, starting at $29.95 a month.
Have you worked with TaskDesk? If so, please leave a review of your experience to help others with their decision.