UPDATE: It appears Bookkeeping.com has become unresponsive. Please consider one of these alternatives.
Bookkeeping.com is, as the name gives away, an online bookkeeping service. They provide customized bookkeeping solutions for businesses of all sizes, along with some other services to help take financial and bookkeeping tasks off your hands.
The company has been in business since 2011. Their headquarters is based in California, and all their staff work out of their offices.
The company is headed up by Brandon Littleton, and they have a team of bookkeepers and other skilled financial staff based in their offices in California.
Bookkeeping.com provides bookkeepers to manage your books, and software to help monitor your financials and integrate with their processes. Beyond that, they offer a wide range of services for businesses of all sizes, which is something you need to iron out with a call when you first sign up with them.
It’s also important to note that they have “bank grade security architecture” to give you peace of mind that your financials are well protected against nefarious activities, and there is a backup in case you lose your data saved locally.
How Bookkeeping.com Works
Ready to start handing off all your day-to-day bookkeeping tasks?
When you sign up to work with Bookkeeping.com, they sync QuickBooks software with your bank accounts.
You’ll maintain access so you can see everything they’re doing and get up-to-date financial reports.
Their onboarding process and ongoing working relationship is developed as follows when you sign up with them:
- Acquiring documents – They sync with your bank accounts to get your statements automatically and put them into QuickBooks for you.
- Bookkeeping – Your dedicated bookkeeper will categorize all of your expenses, pay invoices, reconcile accounts, and handle all the other bookkeeping duties.
- Dashboard Access – You can access your customizable dashboard in QuickBooks portal to look at any of your financials whenever you want.
You don’t have a dedicated bookkeeper, instead you have access to a team of bookkeepers picking up different areas of your accounts.
If you have any questions, you can send your bookkeeper a message via the QuickBooks portal and they will get back to you within a business day.
Bookkeeping.com’s services extend beyond just bookkeeping. Here is a list of the core services they offer:
- Bookkeeping – They provide customized bookkeeping services for business of all sizes, from individuals to Fortune 500 companies.
- Payroll – They provide certified payroll specialists to manage your payroll for you.
- Tax Services – They provide qualified tax specialists to help you with your state and federal taxes.
- Time Clock – They provide software to help track your employees’ time and attendance.
- Human Resources – They provide human resource solutions to help increase productivity within your business.
- Insurance Services – Bookkeeper.com have negotiated deal with partners to offer a range of insurances, including commercial auto, professional and general liability, and workers compensation.
Plans and Pricing
Bookkeeping.com do not have any set pricing or plans. They provide customized bookkeeping solutions tailored to the needs of their customers, as such you need to contact them with details of your business to receive a quote.
Both offer a free trial, so you can test their services before committing to a payment plan, and ZipBooks is the more affordable of the two.
Have you worked with Bookkeeping.com? If so, please leave a review below to help others with their decision.