Monday.com is an award-winning cloud-based work operating system (Work OS) that enables teams to collaborate and build custom workflows.
The company is headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel, and has offices in the US, UK, and Australia.
Table of Contents
Like most of the best software solutions, Monday.com was created out of a pain point the founders Roy and Eran were experiencing.
Roy and Eran were business owners, and they faced the same challenges a lot of business owners do when growing their teams – streamlining employee collaboration and communications.
So, they decided to create a solution and Monday.com was born. Monday.com is marketed as a Work OS, which essentially means it’s an all-in-one project management and workflow tool.
It has a long list of features and applications, but the core use of Monday.com is to help large teams work together cohesively.
The software does this by getting everyone onto the same workflow and using the same tools. As a manager, you can track exactly what every team member is working on. Team members can also communicate freely with one another through the platform.
The end result is increased transparency and everyone working on the same page. There are also a number of alerts and key bits of information that get injected right into a person’s workflow.
How Monday.com Works
After you sign up for a free trial and create an account, you can log into the web app. Here, you’ll see a blank calendar and your dashboard.
The calendar and central dashboard are where you can see all of your business’ tasks and employees. It’s here where you can assign tasks to people, track what they’re working on, manage projects, and communicate with team members.
There is a long list of apps and third-party integrations, too. You can integrate popular tools like Salesforce, Hubspot, and Google’s suite of tools into Monday.com’s workflow.
There is powerful analytics on the backend. You can track employee productivity, keep an eye on budgets, set your own KPIs, and lots more.
Monday.com is a Work OS platform. Broadly speaking, it provides the following features:
- Collaboration tools – You can onboard your whole organization and manage all of your team’s workflows seamlessly via a single source of truth.
- Drag and drop – It’s designed to be simple to use with no coding experience required. You can drag and drop most of the elements.
- Integrate tools and apps – You can connect all of the other third-party tools and external sources of data you currently use.
- Data visualization and analytics – With all of your data flowing through one dashboard, you can gather meaningful insights into performance and key business metrics.
- Security – You can set permissions and governance features to ensure the right people are seeing the right information. Making it easy to keep sensitive data private.
Monday.com Plans and Pricing
Monday.com currently has three monthly pricing plans. Their pricing is based on a price per ‘seat’(team members) and the features you want.
There is a minimum of 3 seats per plan, so pricing starts at $24/mo for 3 team members on their basic plan.
A complete list of their plans at the time of publishing is:
- Basic – $8/seat per month starting at $24/mo
- Standard – $10/seat per month starting at $10/mo
- Pro – $16/seat per month starting at $48/mo
- Enterprise – Custom pricing on request.
Each plan unlocks more of Monday.com’s features, such as the number of automation and integration actions you can perform per month. The main feature most teams will be interested in, however, is the number of boards you can integrate into the central dashboard.
This is where the Basic plan is limited, as you can only create a dashboard based on 1 board. The number of boards increases to 5 with the Standard plan, 20 with the Pro plan, and 50 with the Enterprise plan.
Monday.com offers a 14-day free trial (no credit card needed), so I recommend testing out the platform if you’re interested.
Monday.com is one of the most comprehensive project management tools on the market.
Have you used Monday.com? If so, please leave a review below to help others with their decision.