DoneTown is a virtual assistant company with their headquarters based in Los Angeles, California, and a team of virtual assistants working remotely across Eastern European countries.
The company has been operating since September 2017, and they supply virtual assistants to entrepreneurs and small to medium-sized businesses all over the globe.
The company was started by co-founders Boris Goncharov and Vladimir Kudinov with a simple and clear message, “Stop growing pains, just hire an assistant.”
They chose to hire assistants across Eastern European countries such as Belarus, Poland, Hungary, Russia, and Ukraine. When I asked why Eastern Europe, my contact explained there is a large pool of English-speaking workers in this part of the world and that the labor rates are comparable to other overseas countries like the Philippines and India.
Fun fact: one of my best hires was from Macedonia. I never expected to get any bids back from Europe!
How DoneTown Works
After you fill out a form on their site, a member of their team will contact you .
They will discuss your requirements in detail and advise you of the best-suited assistants they have available. When you come to an agreement, they’ll put you in touch with an assistant to work with.
You are then able to communicate and schedule tasks with their assistants via a range of applications, such as Trello, Asana, Jira, Slack, Xero, Google Apps, and more.
They say that all of their assistants are carefully vetted and put through a number of their own tasks and tests before being added to their database.
DoneTown’s assistants are skilled in a wide range of areas and available to take any tasks off your hands you can delegate remotely.
To give you an idea of some of the areas they specialize in, they group their services into the following categories:
- Collecting Data – Sorting CRM data, scouting talent, online research, and more.
- Scheduling – Scheduling meetings with co-workers and clients, sending you reminders, managing your calendar, and more.
- Inbox Kung-fu – Managing your inbox, responding to customers and clients, and more.
- Managing Expenses – Creating and sending invoices, collecting and categorizing receipts, updating your accounts, and more.
- Social Media – Posting to your social media accounts, planning campaigns, managing conversations, and more.
- Travel and Event Planning – Managing your travel plans, making reservations and bookings on behalf of yourself and your co-workers, and more.
Plans and Pricing
TheDoneTown currently has two different pricing plans. You can choose to hire an assistant for either 2 or 8 hours a day, and their plans are priced as follows:
- Pool – $680 per month for 2 hours a day.
- Genius – $1,460 per month for 8 hours a day.
As you can see from the plans, the hourly rate is almost slashed in half from around $16 per hour to $9 per hour when choosing a full-time assistant.
That means if you have the budget and need for a full-time assistant, it makes a great deal.
There are no long-term commitments necessary. You pay on a monthly subscription basis and can cancel at any time with a 7-day notice period.
Another virtual assistant company operating out of Eastern Europe is Baltic Assist. They have some positive feedback and offer a similar range of services and pricing plans as DoneTown.
Have you worked with DoneTown? If so, please leave a review below to help others with their decision.