RemoteCo is a US-based virtual assistant company specializing in providing virtual assistants to small and medium-sized businesses all over the world.
The company is headquartered in Alexandria, Minnesota. All of their virtual assistants work remotely across the Latin American countries.
RemoteCo operates on a job board model. They have a database comprising of thousands of virtual assistants based in Latin America, to which you can either post a job or reach out to them directly.
They say they only recruit workers in Latin America for the following reasons:
- The economic situation allows for competitive hourly rates
- LatAm assistants are talented and highly-skilled professionals
- Most LatAm workers are able to work regular U.S. business hours
- Their culture is very similar to the U.S. and Europe and they’re fluent in English
Taking a brief look at their worker database, I could see a number of workers asking for an hourly rate of $1 per hour. So, if you’re looking for competitive rates close to home (if you’re in the U.S.) you have some options.
This doesn’t mean you’ll find the exact skillsets you need. You’ll have to go through the process of interviewing candidates to find that out.
How RemoteCo Works
Once you create an account and sign up for one of their monthly plans, there are two ways you can find your perfect virtual assistant on their platform:
- Searching for workers– You can get started by searching the workers in their database. They have extensive filtering options, so you can narrow down candidates by skills, salary, location, and more.
- Posting a job – To save time searching for candidates, you can post a job and allow workers to apply.
Whichever method you use to find workers with the skills you need to complete your tasks, once you’ve narrowed down the candidates you can interview them.
You can message them directly through the platform and negotiate their hourly rate, hours, and anything else relevant to your task. This part is strictly between you and the candidates to come to terms over.
Once you’ve selected a worker, you can start working with them right away. RemoteCo provides a portal and the tools you need for communication, tracking hours, receiving invoices, and making payments.
At the time of publishing, I could see RemoteCo had a little more than 4,000 workers in its database. It’s fair to say that with this number they will cover a wide range of skill sets and services.
To provide you with some examples, they list the following categories as their most popular requests:
- Graphic designers
- Web designers
- Virtual assistants
- Social media managers
- Marketing experts
- SEO specialists
- WordPress developers
RemoteCo Plans and Pricing
RemoteCo currently has three monthly subscription plans as follows:
- Free – $0 per month – This plan allows you to post 1 job, but you can’t contact workers without upgrading your plan.
- Professional – $69.99 per month – With this plan, you can post 3 jobs at a time, contact workers, and you have some additional perks.
- Premium – $89.99 per month – This plan enables you to post 10 jobs at a time and all other perks are unlocked.
They don’t offer any free trials in which you can work with any of their workers. However, with their Free plan, you can place a job for free and get a feel for how their platform works.
For peace of mind, RemoteCo offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. In addition, you can cancel your subscription at any point in the month and not be billed for the next month.
If you want to work with an assistant based in Latin America, I recommend checking out Virtual Latinos. They will also handle finding the right assistant for you if you’d prefer to leave that to their team.
Have you worked with RemoteCo? If so, please leave a review below to help others with their decision.