The decision to hire a virtual assistant is a big one. Perhaps you’re a busy professional looking to free up some extra hours during your day, or maybe you’re a business owner who wants to unload some of your more menial tasks so you can focus on working on your business instead of in it. Either way, selecting a virtual assistant can be challenging, and choosing the wrong one can cost you more time than you’ll save.
You’re already familiar with the benefits of hiring a virtual assistant, which include not having to worry about payroll processing, employment taxes, providing a workspace, and other headaches. But how to choose the right virtual assistant for your specific needs?
- What specific tasks will you want your virtual assistant to take care of for you?
- Are these tasks ongoing or part of a one-time project?
- Do you need your VA to be available during your business hours or can they work during your night?
- Do you need a native-English speaker?
- Do you need a full-time or dedicated resource?
- What is your budget?
2. Do your homework. Although there are many options when it comes to selecting a virtual assistant, not all services are equal. Find out what they specialize in and if they will be able to deliver the results you require.
3. Check the reviews. Seek out reviews on various virtual assistant services. There’s no need to venture out into uncharted waters when thousands of others have gone before you. Use their experience and feedback to shape your decision. Of course, past performance doesn’t guarantee future success, but selecting a virtual assistant company with positive reviews is certainly smarter than selecting one with consistently negative ratings.
Want some personalized help? Take our free 2-minute survey and get custom recommendations delivered to your inbox.