TextMaster is a professional copywriting, proofreading, and translation service. The company was founded in 2011 by serial entrepreneurs Thibaud Elziere (Fotolia) and Quentin Nickmans.
The idea for Textmaster stemmed from seeing a real need in the market for better content production, editing, and translations. TextMaster maintains offices in Belgium, New York, and Paris, but uses a global network of writing and editing professionals.
Writing, editing, and translations are services that are often slow and expensive. Speaking for myself, I know I’m a pretty slow writer. Because of this, Text Master created a global virtual workforce that is accessible 24/7 around the world and brings together professionals that offer writing, editing and translation services and adds a strong quality control component to it.
You’ll find more than 70,000 pre-tested writers on their easy-to-use platform, and can get content written, proofread or translated in 10 different languages (English (US, UK), Spanish, Chinese, German, French, Portuguese (Europe, Brazil), Dutch, Russian, Polish), with more to be added soon.
How does it work?
Unlike freelance websites, such as oDesk or Elance, TextMaster takes away the pain of finding and managing the writers.
You don’t have to do any decision-making in terms of who to hire. Just submit your job and it gets done.
The writings and translations are priced based on the length of the piece and the quality desired. The price starts with 2.6 cents per word for copywriting, and you can pay as you go or buy a pre-paid bundle that gives you some free bonus credit.
All writers on the platform are professional and pre-tested. You can request unlimited revisions for no extra fee.
Who is this for?
TextMaster is for anyone who needs content to be written, proofread or translated.
Current customers include bloggers, writers, developers, and advertising and communication agencies. In addition, businesses that need website content, product descriptions, or blogs and articles in any of the languages above are a perfect fit for the service.
How much does it cost?
The rates for Regular level service, which is good for general website content and product descriptions, start at 2.6 cents per word, meaning you can get a 500 word article for $13.
A Premium level service is 6.4 cents per word and is intended for writings that require more research, blog posts, longer articles, marketing materials, or scripts. A 500 word Premium writing would be $32.
In addition, TextMaster allows you to add custom option for more specific needs:
- Quality Control for an additional 2.6 cents per word, where the work of the writer is controlled by TextMaster in-house quality people.
- Expert for additional 13 cents per word to get a high-level expert in the selected category. TextMaster has experts in over 30 categories to choose from.
- Complex Documents for additional 7.8 cents per word to handle complex file extensions eg psd, ai, indd, qxp, vsd, epub, po.
- Author Localization to have an author from a specific region for additional 2.6 cents per words.
- Priority Order for faster turnaround time is an additional 5.2 cents per word. (Standard delivery varies based on the length of the writing and the content from less than 24 hours to a few days.)
For payments, you can choose pay-as-you-go option or go with one of the pre-paid bundles that gives some attractive free bonus credit. The Starter bundle starts with $49 and the largest goes up to $3,500. The pre-paid bundle can be used on any of the services offered.
It’s free to sign-up and create an account.
Who is doing the work?
You submit the job and based on the requirements it gets done by a writer who meets the criteria.
You can choose to work with different authors, for instance if you have large volumes of content that need to be written fast you can choose to have many authors work on various jobs at the same time.
After you spend some time on the platform and you start developing relationships with writers, you can add the best ones as your favorites, and choose to work with them only on future tasks or writings that require consistency in tone and style. It’s up to you. All authors are pre-tested and rated by in-house quality team on a regular basis.
What sets TextMaster apart from the competition?
I asked Kristi Polsdam, TextMaster’s US Country Manager, what differentiates the company from their competitors like HireWriters, TextBroker, Scripted, TheContentAuthority, and even Fiverr or Elance. This is what she said:
- Unlike most other platforms out there, TextMaster allows unlimited revisions and back-and-forth communication for no extra fee.
- Better Quality Control: In-house quality control team proofreads first 10 jobs of every author and after that rates authors on an on-going basis; users can request QC on any job at any time.
- Multilingual: We produce content in 10 different languages.
- Largest scope of services: In addition to writing, we also do editing and translations, so you can order editing on already written content, and translations to make the content available to a wider audience.
Have you tried Text Master for content creation? If so, please leave a short about your experience below to help others with their decision.